Oh Wow!!!!! A blog from the southern tip at last...so how did you get there (not the southern tip, Afrika Burns), where was it exactly, where did you stay, how hot was it, did you eat anything nice?
Hello favourite people - thanks for your comments & interest in southern events. Afrika Burns was held in the Tanqua Karoo - 110 kms on a dirt road north of Ceres. Lowest rainfall region in the country (I believe), except it's a natural pan which was flooded in July - so the event was postphoned to November! This year it was mainly cold and windy, but I was fortunate to arrive on a hot sunny day. Still need to upload the pics of the installations.
When I travel I see things with new eyes, an open attitude. I enjoy meeting people of different cultures, gaining new insights, and returning home with a fresh perspective. I have a desire to explore my home city and its people with the same open attitude and curiosity. To engage my traveller's eye it may help to create an imaginary audience 'out there' and share my experiences. It's all a bit of an experiment really - let's see how it goes.
4 comments:
Oh Wow!!!!! A blog from the southern tip at last...so how did you get there (not the southern tip, Afrika Burns), where was it exactly, where did you stay, how hot was it, did you eat anything nice?
WOO HOO! I've been craving something from the incomparable Marijke - it's about time!
All these people look familiar to me...where they all on the subway last week?
Nice work with the slideshow!
Hello favourite people - thanks for your comments & interest in southern events. Afrika Burns was held in the Tanqua Karoo - 110 kms on a dirt road north of Ceres. Lowest rainfall region in the country (I believe), except it's a natural pan which was flooded in July - so the event was postphoned to November! This year it was mainly cold and windy, but I was fortunate to arrive on a hot sunny day. Still need to upload the pics of the installations.
Post a Comment