Sunday, 09 December 2007

Afrika burns - continued

Camp LumoLab
the Hamster wheel - lots of fun Desert sheep

Burning Woman
Desert Mushrooms The Mushroom Minder?

Brunsvigia - Tumbleweed - with twinkly lights at night
Camp Vuvuzela - tent with chill lounge, ace sound system, dance floor
'The Turbine' - such a beautiful structure - who made it? and how? The questions become almost irrelevant in this surreal landscape. I simply enjoyed the intricate geometry, the engineering detail, the shadow patterns.


Post your wishes

Mist sprayers in the desert...

Burning Clan- under construction
Exhibit made of packing crates

3 comments:

M. Christopher said...

What great photos! I absolutely LOVED the 'inside' shots of the turbine. I love taking photos like that from underneath bridges. And the Mushroom Minder looks like someone I'd like to have a drink with.

Marie said...

Where exactly was this and were did you stay?

Very nice pics....

Marijke said...

It's in the Tanqua Karoo - 110kms north of Ceres on the Calvinia road. Took me 4.5 hrs from CT - the clouds were spectacular, and the wide open vistas...I arrived tired, yet on a high. I'll post a few landscape pics taken as I trundled down the 5km 'driveway' road. Marie - I think you & your mom went on that road on your trip or on the previous one, if I recall.