Sunday, 09 December 2007

Working (away) from Home

On Thursday a filmshoot was held at my house. Apparently an ad for Greek fruit juice - they were filming in the lounge. The garden was - er - transformed...



So the dogs and I had to make tracks, and we went for a long walk at Silvermine. What a great way to spend the morning!


Saltera sarcocolla - member of the endemic family Penaeaceae
Liparia - a funny awkward thing - makes me think of a plant dinosaur


Happy dogs in habitat


Dilatris villosa


What the pics fail to show is that there was a howling wind.



4 comments:

Marie said...

Hm, nice. I like the liparia dinosaurica! Did the Greek fruit juice pay you a packet or promise juice for a decade?

The dogs look like wild dogs...

Marijke said...

Trade exchange with Greeks: a day and a half of inconvenience equals a new sofa. Not too bad. Although my curtains will never quite hang like they used to (some dodo removed all the hooks).

M. Christopher said...

Dilatris Villosa? What a fascinating plant. It looks like one I'd like to touch - I can't help touching.

So you spent a day wandering around outside with your dogs, AND you get a new sofa? Where can I sign up for this deal?

Marie said...

You should talk to Constanza about this: she passed up US Citizenship for a new sofa. Hmmm, maybe she's onto something.